How do I manage my Beefree SDK subscription?
The Developer Portal
The Beefree SDK Developer Portal is where you can create and manage instances of our embeddable editors. That’s where you will:
- Create a subscription to Beefree SDK
- Create applications within that subscription (e.g. an instance for emails and one for landing pages)
- Create development applications for all sorts of dev, QA, or staging environments
- Configure them: BEE has both server-side and client-side configurations
- Manage users on your team
- ... and more!
To log into the Beefree SDK Developer Portal, visit: https://developers.beefree.io/accounts/login/
For each product that you will embed our visual editors in, you will create a separate Subscription. For example, let's say you develop and marketing a great CRM tool called "My Awesome CRM". When you decide to embed Beefree SDK in that CRM to help your customers design emails, landing pages, etc., you will create a new subscription.
As mentioned in How much is Beefree SDK?, subscriptions are now "all-in-one". That is, in 2021 we switched to an all-in-one pricing model that allows you to put our visual builders to work for...
- email design
- landing page design
- pop-up design
... at no additional charge, within the same subscription.
If you have a second product (e.g. you sell both a CRM and a Marketing Automation tool, as separate products) and you decide to embed Beefree SDK in both products (good decision!), you will need a second subscription. That's pretty rare, so in most cases you will only need one subscription.
In the Beefree SDK system, an Application represents an implementation of our embeddable editor for a specific content type. Let's say that in "My Awesome CRM" you wish to embed Beefree SDK for both email design and landing page design: you will activate two applications:
- Email Builder
- Page Builder
Each Subscription will contain at least one production Application.
Whenever you create a new Application, we will ask you to provide some general information so that they are easily recognizable for you in the Developer Portal. This only takes a few moments.
For each app, we will also provide you with a Client ID and Client secret, which you will use to authenticate the editor when you initialize it in your app.
Head over to our technical documentation to learn about:
- Installing Beefree SDK
- Configuring server-side settings
- Configuring client-side settings
- Changing the way it looks
- ... and much more
For development & QA purposes, you don't need to create a new Subscription. Instead, you can just add a Development Instance within an existing Application.
You can do so easily by clicking on Add a development instance below any production application. You can create multiple Development Instances, for different purposes (e.g. QA, staging, testing new features, etc.).
A few notes:
- Development Instances are available at no charge.
- Each Development Instance will inherit the content "type" from the production Application. So if the production Application is for an Email Builder, the same will be true for the Development Instance. If you want to do some testing with embedding Beefree SDK for landing page design, for example, simply Activate the Page Builder Application within that Subscription: subscriptions are all-in-one, so there is no cost to do so.
- Each Development Instance will inherit the "plan level" from the production Application, but you can upgrade to a higher plan level at no charge. For example, let's say you are on a Core subscription, but want to try the features of the Superpowers plan: simply create a Development Instance and upgrade it to Superpowers.
You can invite users to your developer account, in case you need other people to assist you with the integration of Beefree SDK. To do so, go to Manage users from the personal menu in the top right.
The user that initially created the account is identified as the account owner and can add users from this page.
Additional users will be identified as admins. The owner may limit access to certain production apps when creating or editing an admin.
The account owner has these additional privileges, compared to admins:
- add, edit or delete users, as described above;
- turn on two-factor authentication, using tokens provided by mobile apps like Google Authenticator or Authy. 2FA can be enabled either for specific users, or account-wide from the Settings & Security section in the personal area (learn how to set up 2FA for your account);
- change the company’s name, also in Settings & Security.
Setting up two-factor authentication
Setting up two-factor authentication will keep your developer account extra secure. Two-factor authentication means that users will need to provide two different identifications to log in to their Beefree SDK developer account: their regular login credentials, and a token generated by a two-factor authentication app.
When 2FA is set up, users will need to:
- download a two-factor authentication app to their mobile device (e.g. Authy, Google Authenticator, Authenticator Plus, and others);
- use their device and the app to generate a token and log in.
Setting up 2FA for account owners
If you’re an account owner (i.e. the user who created the Beefree SDK account), you may require all account users to use two-factor authentication to log in. To do so, go to the Setting & Security section in your personal area and enable Require two-factor authentication at login.
After saving the setting, you will be prompted to scan a QR code with a 2FA application to generate a security token to complete the setup.
When this setting is ON:
- every user will need to enter an authentication token, generated with a 2FA mobile app, to log into the account;
- when you create a new user, the 2FA toggle will be set to ON by default.
When adding or editing a user, you may also decide to turn on or off 2FA for that user, in order to:
- turn on 2FA, when 2FA is OFF at the account level;
- turn off 2FA, when 2FA is ON at the account level.
Setting up 2FA for account admins
If 2FA is OFF at the account level, additional users, i.e. admins, can turn on 2FA for themselves, for their peace of mind. They can go to the “Profile” section of their personal area and turn it on.
Instead, if 2FA is ON at the account level, admins cannot turn it off from the “Profile” page and must contact their account owner.
Viewing & updating billing information
If you are a subscriber of a Beefree SDK paid plan, follow the steps below to review and update your payment information.
- Log into your account at https://developers.beefree.io/
- Locate the Subscription that you wish to edit
- Click on Manage Subscription. You will see a screen similar to the following
- To update the name, email, and billing address associated with this subscription, click on View & edit billing information under Billing information.
- To update the credit card on file for this subscription, click on View & change credit card on file under Payment method.
- To view previous billing statements, click on View & download your invoices under Statements.
- To rename the subscription, click on Rename.
- To cancel the subscription, click on Cancel subscription. Be extra careful when canceling a subscription as the instances of Beefree SDK that have been embedded in your software applications will stop working at the end of the billing period.