This page instead focuses on the usage-based fees that may apply to your account. They are:
If you're just looking for a quick summary of usage-based fees for each BEE Plugin plan, here it is. For details on each one, please see the sections below.
|Included API calls||NA||15,000||100,000||250,000||Custom|
|Additional API calls||-||$0.01||$0.006||$0.003||Custom|
At any time, you can see the current usage details for any subscription by logging into the BEE Plugin Developer Portal and viewing details for the selected subscription. For details on that, see How do I manage my BEE Plugin subscription?
You will see a summary of usage statistics as the one shown below:
Let's review what could trigger usage-based fees, one by one.
When you embed BEE Plugin into your application, you make the visual builder available to your users. As far as pricing is concerned, what counts is the number of unique users. A unique user of the builder is identified by a unique UID, as described here. The system counts unique UIDs within a billing period, and resets the count to zero at the start of the next billing period.
For technical details on the UID, see How the UID parameter works.
- The Free plan is a limited in functionality, but free of charge, so there are no user-based fees.
- The Essentials plan includes 100 unique users, and additional users are $2.50 per user, per month.
- The Core plan includes 800 unique users, and additional users are $1.00 per user, per month.
- The Superpowers and Enterprise have unlimited users.
The BEE Plugin system includes a set of APIs - called the Content Services API - that help you build additional functionality around the visual builders. For example, you can turn an email into a PDF, or easily generate a thumbnail email for a landing page.
Please note that use of the Content Services API is completely optional, and that the standard operation of the builders, such as saving an email or a landing page, does not count as API calls to the Content Services API. Calls to the API only occur when you leverage the additional functionality described under Content Services API.
Access to the Content Services API is not available on the Free plan. All other plans provide a number of API calls included in the subscription fee, and usage-based fees for additional usage.
- The Essentials plan includes 15,000 calls per month, and additional API calls are $0.01 per call.
- The Core plan includes 100,000 calls per month, and additional API calls are $0.006 per call.
- The Superpowers plan includes 250,000 calls per month, and additional API calls are $0.003 per call.
- If you are on the Enterprise plan, please discuss the matter with our sales team.
There used to be a minimum monthly access fee to use the Content Services API, but it was removed in July on 2021.
These usage-based fees are very rare.
When an image is uploaded to the editor while designing an email, a landing page, or other content, it will be stored in the BEE Plugin system if the Default storage option has been selected when configuring that particular BEE Plugin Application.
Specifically, when you configure a BEE Plugin Application, you can choose to store images:
- Using BEE's AWS S3 bucket
- Using your own AWS S3 bucket
- Using your own file system
When you select option (1), images are stored in our AWS S3 bucket and delivered via the AWS Cloudfront content delivery network to whomever views the email, landing page, or other content that your customers designed in your application. In that scenario:
- There are no charges for storing images & other documents.
- There are no charges for delivering images & other documents up to a total of 5TB of delivery traffic per 30-day period.
- Above 5TB of data traffic recorded in a 30-day period, you will be billed $0.01 per GB of data transferred. This happens very rarely (less than 3% of all BEE Plugin customers).
For additional clarity, here are some brief FAQs on fees related to this data traffic.
Why do you charge for traffic when using BEE storage?
When you use our AWS S3 bucket for storage, your images are delivered via a Content Delivery Network (AWS Cloudfront) and AWS bills us based on the traffic generated by those assets when you send emails, publish web pages, etc.
A large amount of monthly traffic (5TB) is included in your BEE Plugin subscription at no charge.
If you exceed the 5TB monthly traffic allotment, we ask you to cover the cost of the service (for a few of our customers that generate a lot of image data traffic, that cost has grown to exceed their BEE Plugin subscription fee). Please note that we’re essentially transferring that cost to you – we’re not making any money out of this. Also note that this scenario is quite rare: it applies to less than 3% of our customers.
When does the traffic counter reset?
- If you’re on a paid plan, billed monthly, the counter will reset on the same days as your UIDs and CSAPI calls, i.e., on the day your subscription to BEE Plugin is renewed.
- If you’re on a paid plan, billed yearly, the counter will reset on the 1st day of each month.
- If you’re on a free plan, the counter will reset on the 1st day of each month.
You can always see when the current period starts and ends by logging into the BEE Plugin Developer Portal, locating the Application that you are working with, and looking at the Statistics widget in the application details page.
I’m on an annual plan. If I exceed the traffic quota in a month, when will I be billed?
You’ll be billed annually by summing up any paid traffic you may have accumulated during the past 12 months, unless such total were to exceed $1,000. In that case, we will send you an invoice. The same is true for additional user fees (UIDs) and additional API calls.
Do I get notified when I’m about to exceed the quota?
For the moment, only subscriptions on paid plans will be notified by our Customer Success team. If you’re on a free plan, you may check your usage by logging into your developer portal account, and going into the application details, in the Statistics widget.
I’m using BEE storage. What can I do to avoid getting charged?
Can I get a history of my monthly traffic usage?
Yes, please log into the Developer Portal and submit a support ticket asking for your usage history.